Tuesday 20 August 2013

Cod Liver Oil, fruit and nuts and evaluating priorities in life.

I live quite an active life. My mind is usually buzzing about the next thing I must accomplish. Do I do photography or kayaking, what about the garden, the veg needs watering. Should I spend time with wifey or go for a run. (I am trying to get her jogging so I can kill two birds with one stone.) I haven't seen my parents for sometime and I do not want to lose out on my inheritance.

I am also making plans to visit Uganda in February and someone has asked me to take photos at their wedding in October. At home Wifey and I are preparing for a fitting of a new kitchen in preparation of me finishing working for the police in 2015. It is our intention to rent our house so we can have a little overseas adventure. Hopefully together.

So life is hectic, we are like two hamsters in the same exercise ball not too sure where we should be going. But we are two hamster who enjoy each others company and have fun even though we do occasionally knock into furniture.

And with regards to the half marathon in less than four weeks I am now looking for sponsorship to raise funds for the Huntington Disease Association. Please see earlier posts about the HDA and my friend Mick Billingham who suffers from this awful disease. For more info look at the website


Mick Billingham and me at St Andrews Hospital.


Friday 9 August 2013

This morning I met my parents for breakfast at Silverstone Golf Course. I consumed with a hint of guilt a full english breakfast that included fried bread. Yesterday I had a food binge when I munched my way through  two large packets of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps, (Not the children size) and a mars bar. It was not my fault as I was working a 12 hours shift, I had eaten only a bowl of partly cooked porridge for breakfast.  I did not have my fruit and nut mix to eat when I got the sugar shakes so I raided the snack vending machine.

I continued my binge at home when after dinner I ate 3 apples pies with custard. They were exceedingly good. Again this was not my fault as Wifey had bought the pies and left them alone in the cupboard.

On Saturday my parents came to visit and after they left I ran around a big block 6 times. According to my online distance calculator each lap is 1.34 mile which equates to 8.046 miles.

Great news is that the knee seems to be okay and I had no urge to make like a bear. A great relief for me and my bowels.

On my return home I had to get fluids and salts into my body so I had a large drink of watered down pepsi. Not too sure how healthy that was but I do feel refreshed, after some stretches I feel quite good. I feel relatively confident that I could run an extra 5 miles!

Diet

I was annoyed that when we met for breakfast my mother commented on wifey's weight loss.  Nothing was said about my improving physique. I wanted to tell them, over breakfast, that a woman in the control room said I looked brown and fresh but I thought it would not have been a good time.

To battle the sugar rushes at work I do eat a lot of mixed fruit and nuts and to ease the pain in my joints I have started the daily taking of cod liver oil and Glucosamine Sulphate. I am skeptical about what benefits I will feel but Guru has advised that I take these supplements. Time will tell and I will use the achey pain levels when I walk down stairs in the morning as a guide to any improvements.

I am please with my anti blister socks. Only problem is that I bought one pair and they are beginning to smell. It is again not my fault as they are not being washed as regularly as they should; and I am not in charge of these procedures.

Aims


My aim is to get below 12 stone. To achieve this I must lose 3 kilos. (Sorry about mixing imperial and metric.) This is the weight of my smallest kettle bell so it should be achievable. Problem is next week I am cycling in Wales with my mate Graham. Although we will doing some serious cycling there will be some serious consumption of solid and liquid carbohydrates.





3 comments:

  1. Ah, the binge cycle... I blame the addictive nature of sugar. I demolished five cupcakes in two days while hubby got to sample one (no wonder our weight is going in opposite directions). And large quantities of winegums and handfuls of granola seem to have become a staple while I'm in the kitchen cooking every night. But at least you're running! Check out this cute cartoon on why the chap runs: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant link. I to meditate and pray as I jog along it is very therapeutic.
      Need to pop in for an ice cream and an update on the hedgehog

      that could be another blog

      Delete
  2. Hi Dad,
    Love your blog. You make me laugh :)
    Love Debs xx

    ReplyDelete