Thursday 23 August 2012

Day two

Just returned from my run. It was 5.5 miles from dropping the car off at Wifey's work place and running home. And with regards to the weight I am now 12.62 stone. My weight loss was not helped by Wifey coming home with bread and crisps. Thankfully they were not Walkers Cheese and Onion but low fat crinkle cut. I still ate two packets - it is not my fault, if they're there I eat them. Crisps or chocolate I binge them all.

The run was good no hint of joggers trots, the only issue was getting the sugar shakes. Not too sure why but will need to look at diet. I did the run and thought that a marathon would mean running to the start and back twice. 

I was confused at Rushmere Road where the road looked block with no access for pedestrians. About to turn round and think of another, longer, route I saw the blatantly obvious pedestrian sign. I had convinced myself that the road was blocked before I reached it, therefore I was blind to the obvious.

The hill here does not look steep but the cat was resting as it was only half way up

And what also amazes me is the amount of rubbish that is lying there waiting to rot. We must be one of the dirtiest countries in Northern Europe. In England it is the norm for so many just to throw out their rubbish from their car. A lot of this rubbish is unseen by many but just look down the embankments. 

Spoke to the HDA yesterday concerning Mick's paddle and asked the nice lady there about chances to run the London Marathon. She said that last year they has 8 spots and 22 applicants. I remain hopeful with all that I have done so far. But if I am unsuccessful I will run elsewhere with less pressure as to run in April I need to raise £1,500.

Anyway off to bed as I am working nights. It is an alternative training day tomorrow and I thought I would go for a paddle after work. 7 am prior to going to bed. See how I feel. I am taking the waterproof camera to record what I do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment