Sunday 26 August 2012

Ball

Today (24 Aug) is a CT day. I can not remember what it stands for in my training programme but basically it means exercise but not running. So instead of going paddling at 7 am, I was so tired, I am having a work out using the swiss exercise ball. Bought at Argos for a few quid I am using it to strengthen the core, which I am led to believe will assist my running

I am using the attached programme from the internet


And with regards to my weight it is now 12.8 which disappointingly is an increase. Not too sure why unless I can put this down to the crisps wifey bought !!

Yesterday (25/8) it was a 5 mile run on the programme. My cunning plan was to get up, I am working nights, and then run the five miles to a friends house for tea. My dear wife would join me there. I assumed they would not be too unhappy for a hot and sweaty me joining them as we could eat outside, however il pleu. Il pleu a lot so instead of 5 miles it was 1 mile and some rolling around on the exercise ball. And then we went for tea.

Sunday 26 August

Today it has been a great English summer day. I woke up at midday and first thing was to weigh myself. I am now 12.5 which to our American cousins is 175 pounds. 

Without eating or drinking anything I went for my five mile run. Actually it is 5.5 miles. This I did in just under an hour so a gentle jog which I think will be my marathon pace. The photo here is a self portrait as I come to the end of the run. It is a shame the back ground is not a blur due to the speed I was doing so I need to get advice and work on my speed.

Another problem I face is the course I have decided upon. Using Google Distance Calculator the route takes me close to home when I still have a mile to do. It is battle arguing with my inner fat boy who wants to go home early and miss the last mile, which includes a steepish hill. But I told him to be quiet and was pleased to finish the jog. I have started to cool down and stretch which does make a difference on reducing the next day aching muscles.

Tomorrow is another rest day so I will spend time on my swiss ball doing core stuff. 

After the run/jog I weighed my self - I had lost 3 pounds. Down to 12.2. One day I may hit the 11 stone mark for the first time in years. 






No comments:

Post a Comment