Monday 14 January 2013

Snow and killer sheep.

 I wanted to take the usual photograph of the track through the snow so I had a pleasant run through the ice conditions. I felt really good and healthy - such a great experience. My knee was not causing problems and the joggers trots seems to be a thing of the past.

This is really good news because the discomfort of this under reported issue had really impacted my enjoyment of jogging. The online articles giving advice on the JT's does say that in time it improves and it would appear to be the case here.
I did the usual 4 miler as this is good for my weight loss and training for the Eric Humphries Cross Country race in a couple of weeks time. I have not submitted my application form but my intention is to take part. I ran last year and out of a field of 80 runners I came 7th. Which sounds very impressive if I do not mention it was 7 th last. I let people assume that it was from the front and think highly of me. Being in my 50's I am in a senior plus group so hopefully I will get a good placing.

On the run I was accosted by a group of sheep. Normally they run away from me but going through the field they galloped towards me. It was quite disconcerting as I imagined being knocked over and trampled and then eaten by the sheep. I had seen parts of the film 'black sheep' and they did look aggressive and hungry as the approached me. But I assume they thought I was bearing food and I am afraid I disappointed them.

I am now getting into the routine of stretching. Five simple stretches that hopefully will strengthen the legs and muscles and allow me to jog without doing any harm.

I am doing the squats when I clean my teeth and on regular stops through the day will stretch quads and gluts. Now I have got the old JT's under control the next goal will be to get to 12 stone. Today I am 12.7 so I do have some progress to make. 

So it is watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment