Thursday 10 January 2013

The smelliest trainers


 Yesterday I did a 6.5 jog from home to a trustees meeting in the North of town. My main concern was the odor of my running shoes distracting the trustees from the business of the day. Thankfully the meeting room was large and if the smell was noticed my fellow trustees were to polite to say anything

I did not record the time as the run was interrupted by a visit to the bank, received a cheque from George Osbourne, and the hairdressers. I have been meaning to cut my hair for days but I kept procrastinating due to so many things to do. But I made good progress and was able to pop into a barber en route. I gave myself 2 hours to do the run which was ridiculously slow but my pace was almost pedestrian as I jogged to protect my knee. I did the stretches before and after a run and I am feeling the benefits today. No aches and pains and I was even able to jog for a mile to pick up a car.


The weather was good - the sunshine does make one feel so much more positive and it is always good to get my shadow in a picture.

The next few days will be short runs to work and then another 6 miler between nights. I will revert to the old faithful course. The weather forecast is cold and dry so hopefully it will not be too muddy. 

If you want to visit a site for stretches I found this one very easy and good and it only took 5 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOn0E76_4BU
 Location of the trustees meeting.

Enjoy

The trustees meeting was for the below charity

http://www.facebook.com/groups/discoverycentreuganda/

A great place to visit and run and have fun in East Africa













No comments:

Post a Comment