Friday 7 September 2012

The Wifey Diet and beyond





28 August 2012

This morning I weighed 12.7 stone. (kilo 80.5) After my carbohydrate binge at the Green Man Syresham  yesterday I am not surprised. So today as I prepare for the marathon I start the wifey diet. Let me explain, after being on antibiotics for a few days my wife lost a lot of the sense of taste and many foodstuffs such as carbohydrates in any form, including bread, became distasteful. So after several weeks living on boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit and veg she has dropped a dress size and states she feels so full of life and healthy.

As I too want to drop a dress size I have decided to follow her example and start taking the antibiotic diet. 



3 September 2012






T
So much for my diet. I still weigh an obstinate 12.5 stone. I must admit I have not truly given up the carbs but I have cut down and I do continue to run but the weight remains the same.  I will persevere!

On Sunday 3 September I went for a six mile run. I really enjoyed it after the first mile. I ran to Mick Billinghams house to give him a mobile phone. I do find it easier to run when I have someone to run with or a task to do. Caroline came to pick me up and hence the photo

I am conscious that the mileage is beginning to increase and next week it is a 7 mile run. The thought of which is quite daunting.  


6 September 2012


Today I am running to work, I am working a rest day so there is no rush to get there early. So as my mentor and inspiration Michael W was off we went for a four mile run. It was good to run with someone. I was concerned about the dreaded joggers trots so I took an imodium before we set off. And thankfully the symptoms were quite minor. I do really need to get this sorted prior to the marathon. 

My weight has gone up to 12.7 stone. I blame working shift work as it disrupts eating, sleeping and running habits. In the early hours it is so difficult not to go on a Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisp feast.

Caroline continues on her diet, not a potato in sight on her plate. I am doing my best but have recently succumed to a french stick with cheese salad filling. 

My next running day will be Sunday. It is a 7 mile run which I plan using Google Distance Calculator, this will done before work, when I start at 9 am. 

.htmhttp://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm


So I have been doing this blog for a couple of weeks, I continue to run well but my diet is not doing well and 12 stone remains an inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment