Tuesday 23 July 2013

Cornwall and being rather stupid

July 20 2013


My Park Run Time for 6 July was 26:06 mins. I was really disappointed as it was only a few seconds quicker than my previous attempt and this time with my running cadence and breathing methods I was hoping to obliterate my PB.  My running Guru said this was a good time and I should be pleased but I was disappointed as the distance ran in 30 seconds is only 200 metres. At the end of this run I was gasping for breath looking the part of someone who had pushed themselves to the extreme. The time before I was slightly out of breath.


For the week 6 - 13 July I have been in Cornwall with wifey and friends. We shared a house in Porthleven which was an ideal location for walking running and swimming in the sea. The only downside were the chav like herring gulls that shouted abuse at me from 4.30 am. Their 'dawn chorus' was awful and prevented a good night sleep  which us top runners require.


Early morning runs were along the South West Coastal Footpath which is a bit more interesting than my usual 4 miler. The path was steep out of the town and sometimes so narrow I had to walk briskly rather than jog but it was a great time.


The weather was the best I have experienced in Cornwall. I have been down to the lizard with my family for over 20 years and this time it was like we were in the south of France. Meals were consumed al fresco and each morning I would plod into the village looking for the local patisserie keen to practice my French, but ended up buying milk in the Costcutter Store.


Unfortunately the week ended on an obese note as I when returned home I was 81.4 kilos - I blame it on the pasties.

We are currently experiencing the hottest, driest July in the UK for a long time. Early in the afternoon I thought I'd go for my run. I foolishly thought I'd not take water as I would not be too long. I commenced the jog at a high cadence and changed the route on the advice of the guru. A long way from home I started to experience the sugar shakes and struggled to get back. I spent a considerable time recovering in the back garden

And with regards to my photography I have been tasked to look at light. The  photo to the right was taken at the beach with the light from the sun bouncy off the rippling water. Any comments will be gratefully received

I underexposed the water to make it black and bring out the light as sunbursts. It is rather busy and the eye does not know what to look at.

23 July 2013

I have continued to run and keep to the training programme for the half marathon. I am pleased to say that I am now under 80k. Hurrah (79.3k to be exact)



No comments:

Post a Comment