Friday 5 July 2013

July is going to be good.

3 July

This could be an exciting month for those following the blog, all three of you. Me, my mum and someone in Slovakia. 

I am going to amend this blog to add bits about the photographs I am taking. I do like photography and I am trying to improve my photographic skills. So instead of having two blogs, pyghtlejogger and smiffy's photos I thought I would  add thoughts about smiffy's photography to this existing blog.

On Saturday I am taking part in the Northampton 5 km Park Run, later that day wifey and I travel to Cornwall for a week with regular runs along the Porthleven sea front. Thankfully the weather forecast looks to be good. 

Whilst paddling in Slovenia my kayaking instructor gave me advice about running and general fitness. He advised me of the wonders of the kettle weight so at JJB sports I bought a 9 kilo weight. Kelvin suggested a 8 kilo weight. Unfortunately stock was limited and this weight was not available. Despite  having the choice of a 6 kilo weight I took the manly option and went for the heavier 9 kilo. I think this is too heavy for the general exercises and would take it back but my pride won't let me.

I bought wifey a 3 kilo weight as a gift which I am sure she will love. 

I never knew about the kettle weight but thankfully there are plenty of training videos on the net.


The good thing about this training video is that the trainers are British. Most youtube videos seem to be American. I am thinking there must be a demand for middle aged British role model trainers. I may do a fitness course on youtube!

My most recent 4 miler was done keeping the cadence to 180 (ish) in hot sunshine. Keeping a regular pace does seem to reduce my time and increase the sweat. It will also hopefully improve my fitness, reduce my weight and reduce the frequency of the dreaded JT's.

The attached Photos from the recent 4 miler are attached. This includes the self portrait which is meant to show the sweaty brow of a not very long distance runner. 

As you may know I am taking photographs from one spot in a field throughout the year and June's photo is to the right. I have one month to go and then with the help of photoshop I will be able to put together a 12 photo montage.

I will compete in this weeks Park Run when I will hopefully run with a regular cadence and improve on my personal best of 26 mins 38 seconds. I will update the blog accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment