Wednesday 5 February 2014

360 Photo Valentine Card

5 February 2014

The intention was to take a photo that describes the stormy weather battering the UK (It won't last long) However I spent most of my day off playing with photoshop elements trying to create various birthday cards. And as Valentine's day is fast approaching I thought I would do a card for wifey and the below effort is it.

Please note the black border and the 2 inch 'mount' - I was impressed with the result. I just hope wifey will be, The photo was taken at Stoke Bruene Canal centre. http://www.stokebruerneboats.co.uk/
The image was on a post and was cropped to produce the below. The writing was obviously added using elements.

Photography used to be about the taking of the picture and for most of us the sending of the film to Bonusprint and hoping for a good result.

For those keen photographers, who I admired, they would develop their own photographs. Now the photoshop world is available for us all to edit, print and publish our photographs. And as I develop my photographic skills I will, in tandem, develop my photoshop skills. Unfortunately this does not come naturally to me so I am continuing to search Youtube for help. One excellent company is lynda.com but I did not use it enough to warrant the monthly subscription - but well worth a visit.


I will continue to use the monthly Digital Photo magazine for help and youtube to improve my editing. Any suggestions will be gratefully received

1 comment:

  1. Love the valentines day card! Such a good idea. Mum will love it :)
    Love D xx

    ReplyDelete