Saturday 15 September 2012

Fatigue and Failure and Fortitude

Well here I am after 3 days away with Wifey and daughter no2.  I did not do the 7 mile run, I did not even get close. And on a trip to Gatwick and Hastings I took my running gear in the case and that is where it remained. I gorged on carbs and by the time I returned home on the scales I was 12.11 stone.


Instead of running I slept on the beach and planned jogging and diet programmes.

So returning home I put behind me the excesses of the last few weeks and went for a 7.8 mile run. I completed 6 laps of a 1.3 mile route planned near my home. This was in response to the dreaded JT's and it was a good plan. I made life a lot easier although stopping did add time to the run. I took me 1hr 20 mins ish to complete the run. Not good but I did manage an run of approaching 8 miles. Next weekend it is an 8 mile run and the plan now is to do the run after working an 7 x 7 shift on Sunday. 

I would go Saturday but I am going to play with my camera that evening.

And whilst jogging around I thought that I would be serious about changing my diet and move to the wifey diet seriously. No real carbs just lots of veg and nuts. Not too sure how this suits a joggers diet plan but I will give it a go and hoping it may reduce the effect of the JT's

And another thing - the mile and a third circuit has a hill on it. Which obviously means I have to run up and then run down it. (The Duke of York principle.) The unfortunate result of this incline is aching thighs. Something I have not experienced for a long time. So a good stretch is essential.

See you later this week with an update on the daily jogs and stretching exercises. I must finish as I am being called to tidy the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment