Tuesday 18 September 2012

Last couple of days I have been suffering from the Saturday morning run with aching thighs. Despite the pain I have been doing short runs. 

I did the usual run and took photograph at the same location which I will hopefully make into a calendar for the year 2013.

Today despite being a rest day I went for a 3 mile run with my mate Dutch. It will do no harm I thought but Dutch's pace is a lot faster than mine and it was a hard work out. This made me think that perhaps my running programme is a bit soft. I jog the distance but do not work hard enough on the run and this may be the way to lose weight

And with regards to weight I am now at 12 st 8 and after two days I have given up on the Wifey diet. My flesh is too strong and my spirt is too weak. After an essential trip to Tesco's I gorged on a pasty and packet of cheese and onion crisps. And later that evening I drank a pint of beer three cheese rolls and packet of steak crisps. I am on a seefood diet. I see food and eat it and hopefully with the quicker pace the weight will come off.


On the run the highways agency kindly placed a speed detector outside tesco which, although did not record our speed, gave us something to play with. The man inside the landrover did not seem too impressed but we provided a few minutes distraction on what must have been a boring day.

Please note my speed is 19 miles an hour which is record breaking pace for the marathon.

And concerning the marathon I am going to apply for the Bedford half marathon that takes place on the 9 December.

Tomorrow I will rest and on Wednesday my son in law will be here so the CT training will be kayaking. Kayaking to a pub and eating carbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment