Friday 12 October 2012

9 October 

Today's run has been quite eventful. After a lot of effort I managed to do a 10 mile run, I got attacked by a horse chest nut tree and I at last did some post run stretches.

I am in the middle of a set of nights but had to get up at 10 am to sort out the car. Wifey kindly drove me 6.5 miles to Towcester for me to run back. I thought if I added a loop of my regular run then I hopefully would achieve a 10 mile run. 

I felt quite good and armed with imodium as I had an Balti last night at the Royal Bengal I was confident I could break the 10 mile barrier. All went according to plan until I got home and using the Distance Calculator established I only ran 8.2 miles so I put on the trainers and did another 1.8 mile jog to get to the 10 miles. And I felt quite good and confident that I could do a fair few more miles. 

On my travels as I was deep in thought I was hit on the back of the head. My first thought was that I was being attacked by chavs. But as I stood looking around for a hoody to blame a conker fell on my right shoulder. I was being attacked by a horse chestnut tree. I have never seen this mentioned in the numerous web sites I have visited to find the secret of running a marathon with the minimum of training and effort. 

The country side is beautiful, I love autumn but it is sad to see the horse chest nuts being attacked and looking sad with the Horse chestnut leaf blotch. If you want to know more go to the below website.



  http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/profile.aspx?pid=200


 12 October

I was really pleased that I did not suffer after the run. I will put this down to the stretches and that my body is getting used to running. The next challenge is a 12 mile run I need to do sometime over the next few days. Today I will be doing the short 4 miler and then tomorrow I will be doing the CT training. For this I am traveling to Suffolk to do some sea kayaking. It will be 20 mile trip going with the tides so should not be too difficult. Salty sea tales and photos to follow.

A



No comments:

Post a Comment