Wednesday 3 October 2012

running when I do not want to

Home life and work life has been very busy and consuming of emotions and strength. Tonight I am due to go to the pub with the boys and the plan was a 10 mile run. I am not up to that, I just want to eat, watch the iplayer and be picked up. So my compromise is the 6 mile run to the pub. I just do not want to do it but feel if I am serious about the marathon it is days like this I need to push my self out the door.

I do not have my camera as wifey has taken it with her on holiday with her parents. So there will be no pictorial record. Just my words. It is nearly 7 pm and dark so I need to get changed and go.

"But I don't want to?"

"Just do it! and run like Dutch, a fast pace"

"Okay."


3 October 2012

I ran 2.5 mile last night at a quick pace from a friends house and today I have a trustees meeting the other side of town so I thought I'd run the 6 miles there and have a hair cut on route. I need to be there for 12 so may try and increase the mileage. I am not disciplined in my training schedule as I am due to do a 10 mile run but this is the best I can do with my busy life.

( The 6 mile run to the pub did not work out because after half a mile I checked for my keys and they were missing. I assumed the worst and that my fast striding run had caused them to pop out my back pocket. Thankfully after a slow jog back with eyes fixed on the pavement I found the keys left in the door. It was so late I had to ask for a lift.)

I am sure you are thinking, "A trustee, what charity is this?"

It is discovery centre - a children and young peoples training centre in Uganda. I am sure you want to know more so please check the web site out. (Please note the Olympic Marathon Champion is from Uganda.)

http://www.discoverycentres.org.uk/introductionpage.htm


I have taken Cod Liver Oil capsules and Glucosamine Sulphate  capsules as together I hope they will support my knees joint health and comfort and make flexible my 51 year old body. I will keep you informed on my flexibility and knee pain. 


16.00 I have returned after the 6 mile run aching but okay. My hips do ache as I jog along. I think, as I mentioned before, I need to strengthen my core muscles. I must start getting into the routine of using that ball. Perhaps this evening.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/bl_core.htm

When I got to the meeting room other attendees asked if I had a shower. I didn't need to I said - good use of baby wipes and clean set of clothes should suffice. And if I did smell it was not my problem.

And I do feel so good after my run. It is all worth it, but it takes me about 3 miles to get into the routine. I do not use ipods but just think and pray. It helps me relax. Be interested to know if anyone else has similar experiences. Tomorrow it will be the regular 4 miler with photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment