Sunday 7 October 2012


Watching the history of the world on the BBC i player the battle of Marathon is described. And from the resulting run back of the Greek army to defend Athens comes the event that is remembered in the Olympic games. And to quote Andrew Marr, ‘the heroic 26 mile run back to defend their city is today of course remembered in the ultimate test of courage and stamina - the marathon.”

I am sure if those warriors could see me now they would be disappointed as instead of going for a five mile run I have eaten a rather large Sunday lunch and binged on Chocolate ice cream. Not that good preparation for the event of strength of courage.

However I am nights tonight so I have postponed my run from before lunch to a run before work. I have also applied for the Bedford half marathon with my jogging guru. 


Wikipedia disagrees with Andrew Marrs on some of the details on the origin of the marathon, however I am sure all will agree that the race I am training for is an ultimate test, especially for my knees, of my courage and stamina.

8 October


I ran 2 miles to work last night. I ran at a quick pace and when I arrived I had time to go to the small gym and use the exercise ball to do some of the strengthening the core exercises. I am glad no one else was in the gym. With all the weights and exercise machine the exercise ball does seem rather wimpy. 

At work I got into several discussion about marathons and triathlons. It is amazing how so many people are into it. Someone suggested the Edingburgh Marathon on 26 May. This does sound good and I will look into it. It will also be an opportunity for time away with the wife.

www.edinburgh-marathon.com

However I am concerned that I have not for sometime done a lengthy run. I missed the 10 miler last weekend. So when I wake up tomorrow I will look to do a long run. Get up, do the run, go to bed and get up for work. And now I have written it on the blog I feel accountable to get this done.

So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment