Tuesday 21 January 2014

365 Photos Continue

Tuesday 21January 2014



It has been a hard day. For those wanting to know how the running is going I am glad to say that I ran 7.45 miles on a hilly route and ran 9.14 mins per mile. I was very pleased and hopefully if the weather is kind I will break the 2 hour mark for the half marathon.

The response from my father, who I met after the run, was "I could walk faster than that." Oh well!


I have recently purchased skipping ropes and really enjoy the exercise. I am learning techniques from youtube and there are some very impressive routines which I aspire to complete.


I must be careful with my knee and rest the old body. 

The weather was frosty this morning and there was little wind so I went into the garden to take pics of a spider's cob web. Now spiders are not know for being that intelligent. (Do they have a brain?) You would not want one as a team member in a pub quiz but I am impressed how they build their webs. Praise God for Evolution. 

I used the live screen on my camera to try and focus on the droplets hanging on the gossamer thread but it was so difficult. A breeze not noticeable to the human skin still moved the web about so I could not get the pin sharp focus I desired.

I will have to practice to see what I can do. I used a tripod together with the camera timer to reduce camera shake but the pics are not as good as I wanted. 

For those who want to skip, or for our american friends, jump rope - check the following youtube clip






No comments:

Post a Comment