Tuesday 28 January 2014

Photo 365 You learn a lot from badly taken pictures

28 January 2014

I had hoped going for a walk in the winter afternoon I would produce a good landscape picture featuring a bleak foreground and dramatic sky. Unfortunately I made assumptions that shooting in raw I could capture anything and make it look good on the computer.

This was not the case. The below photo of a tree and a field and a sky was taken underexposed. I played with various levels and produced a picture that I was disappointed with. It does not look good, it looks artificial and the tree which was very underexposed remains in the shadows.

The tree was meant to balance the rest of the picture and again I do not think it works

If I used layers properly then perhaps I would have done better. Learning layers in elements is a goal and if anyone knows of a website that can assist then please let me know.

I must try harder


No comments:

Post a Comment